Friday, April 1, 2016

April SOTM blog hop

Close To My Heart 

April 2016 Stamp of the Month 

Blog Hop




This month we are featuring a fun stamp set with camera images through the decades.  Just looking at the different vintage cameras brought back so many memories for me.  I remember having and using many of these cameras in my lifetime.  Wow, have times changed!  

 
 

Join me in this blog hop exploring the creative ideas that approximately 30 different CTMH consultants have shared.  If you are coming from Tamytha's blog, you are on the right path.  To continue on the hop, just look for the link at the end of my post and on the following posts.  If you get disconnected along the way, you can find the complete stamp of the month blog hop list here . 

I created a few different projects using this stamp of the month.  Since there are vintage cameras, I tried to use a vintage theme on two cards.  Not sure that these are my favorite creations, however, I always try to challenge myself to use new techniques or different materials than I normally use when preparing something for a blog hop.  I used pages from an old dictionary to stamp on for the two cards below.


CTMH Materials used:
Card stock - Black, Colonial White, Pomegranate
Inks  - Cashmere (for distressing) and Black
Accessories - Flowers cut using CTMH Cricut cartridges and Treasured Puffies
Non CTMH accessories - paper doily, dictionary page




CTMH Materials used:
Card stock - Kraft, Black, Colonial White 
Inks  - Cashmere (for distressing) and Black
Additional Stamp Set - D1660 Ink Blot
Accessories - Treasured Puffies, Black and Gold Ribbon, and the flowers were cut using CTMH Cricut cartridges Art Philosophy and Artisty 
Non CTMH accessories -  dictionary page
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------

My second project is a scrapbook layout.  I really like the way these vintage cameras look stamped with Colonial White on black.  I think I might use this layout with some black and white photos from when I was growing up or with some pictures of my parents.


Here is a close up detail of the stamped images.


CTMH Materials used:
Card stock - White Daisy, Black, Poppy, Patterned paper is from Fundamentals
Inks  - Colonial White
Accessories - Treasured Puffies, Black and Gold Ribbon, the poppy decorative trim was cut using  the CTMH Artbooking Cartridge

Life in Pictures  is only available from April 1 - 30 for $17.95, however, with a $50 order, you can get it for only $5.  To order this fun stamp set or any of the items here, contact your CTMH consultant, or visit my website .


Thanks for stopping by. To continue on this blog hop, your next stop is Sheila Bennett's blog













12 comments:

  1. These are fabulous projects! Love how you used the dictionary pages on your cards and your layout is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What top-notch cards a layout!! I love how you achieved such an old-timey look with them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful vintage feel cards. Your layout is a show stopper! What a fun and colorful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color combination on your first card really pops

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards and layouts. I love the vintage look on those cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have created some wonderful projects, I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love the layout! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you have done in your vintage cards, so original.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful projects. I love the cards and the layout with the white camera images on black.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome projects! I especially love the vintage cameras on the dictionary pages!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you.